Jessica’s education in the social sciences and in-depth experience in legal consulting over the past nine years have provided the foundation for her role at Litigation Insights. Jessica specializes in designing supplemental juror questionnaires, leading focus groups and performing qualitative research analyses. She has worked on cases involving transportation issues, intellectual property and medical/pharmaceutical matters, to name a few. She has an extensive background in legal communication and began her consulting career during her post-graduate years where she taught public speaking and worked in the juvenile court system as a mediator in alternative dispute resolution.
- M.A., Communication Studies, Miami University of Ohio
- B.A., cum laude, Communication Studies – Rhetoric, Miami University of Ohio
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science, Miami University of Ohio
- Baer, J.K. (2015). Out-of-Town Attorneys vs Local Attorneys: Accents, Impact and More. Insights.
- Baer, J.K. (2015). Is There Juror Bias Against Female Attorneys? Insights.
- Baer, J.K. (2015). Attorney-Juror Contact: What to Do When Running into a Juror Outside of the Courtroom. Insights
- Baer, J.K. & Babbitt, E.K. (2015). What Are the Critical Juror Attitudes to Know before Jury Selection in Medical Malpractice Litigation? Insights.
- Baer, J.K. (2015). The Best Time to Conduct a Mock Trial When Media Publicity Is Involved. Insights.
- Babbitt, E. & Baer, J.K. (2012). A view from the jury box: Managing jurors’ beliefs about women attorneys. Insights.
- Baer, J.K. & Wilinski, J. (2010). Post-Trial interviews: How to avoid a minefield to secure a gold mine of information. Insights.
- Baer, J.K. (2009). Issues for today’s dental malpractice defendant. Presentation at CNA HealthPro Insurance Annual Meeting.
- Baer, J.K. (2009). The current climate for today’s medical malpractice defendant. Presentation at CNA HealthPro Insurance Annual Meeting.
- Baer, J.K. (2009). Accidents on Trial: Inside the mind of the juror. Presentation for Kansas Trial Lawyers Continued Legal Education.