Joan is an award-winning medical illustrator, with over 25 years of experience, who specializes in demonstrative exhibits for medical devices, pharmaceuticals, surgeries and other medical procedures. Joan helps clients take a jury inside the human body to see how organs function, where medical devices are placed, how drugs interact and how different surgeries are performed.
Joan’s work and her articles on medical illustration techniques have been published in numerous medical and legal journals. She is a member of the Association of Medical Illustrators and frequently lectures on the topic of medical illustration and its application to litigation consulting.
- M.A., Biomedical Communications from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- B.S., Biology and Chemistry from the University of Minnesota
- “The Production of Legal Exhibits,” Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA.
- “Medical Legal Illustration”, Association of Medical Illustrators National Convention, New Orleans, LA.
- “Demonstrative Evidence for the Defense,” Indiana Continuing Legal Education forum, Indianapolis, IN.
- “Impacting with Visual Evidence,” Minnesota Trial Lawyers, Seminar on Modern Visual Evidence, Minneapolis, MN.
- “Medical Legal Illustration, Beyond the Basics,” Association of Medical Illustrators National Convention, Cincinnati, OH.